Yes. We are made in USA, Certified “Clean” by two independent labs free from 100 harmful chemicals which may be present in other mattresses.
None in the memory foam or in our covers. Our core(bottom) does contain FDA safe approved materials designed to meet all fire safety codes.
All memory foam mattresses are designed to work on a flat, sturdy, non-spring foundation. Memory foam mattresses need more support than spring mattresses due to their conforming nature. (Box springs are usually designed to ‘give’, allowing the springs to last longer in spring mattresses, this is not ideal for any foam mattress) A bad foundation is the #1 cause for memory foam mattresses not performing to their full potential. A bad foundation will negatively affect the mattress’s level of comfort and durability.
We highly recommend purchasing a foundation made specifically for foam mattresses. Using an inadequate foundation will void the mattress warranty. All foundations, platform beds, & adjustable beds we offer are qualified foundations.
If you choose to use your existing box springs, it must be flat, sturdy, and not have spaces wider than 5 inches on the surface. If you can press the foundation down with your hand, it is not sturdy enough. If it is nice and sturdy, but has spacing on the top surface wider than 5 inches, you can use a piece of 3/8 inch plywood on top of your box springs to cover the gaps. Most Lowe’s and Home Depot stores can cut the plywood for you if you go this route. Here is a link to our memory foam foundations. If you have any questions please contact us.
You may not be able to. We sale through Chiropractic offices and that’s how we are able to keep our prices affordable. When you go to a mattress store you lay on several mattresses within an hour. There is no way to know which mattress is best until you see how you feel the next morning. We hope your Chiropractor’s recommendation carries a lot of weight!
We have a 99 day return policy. If after trying our mattress for 60 days, you are not satisfied, you may contact us for a return. You have between day 60-120 to request a return. We do not accept return requests until after the 60 day trial period. We have the best return policy PERIOD! 100% money back guarantee! We will pay for return shipping as long as packing procedures are adhered to. We do not accept returns for incorrect ordered mattresses. Ordering the correct mattress and size is the customers’ responsibility.
Our Vitality is approx. 10″ thick. 2.5″ gel memory, 1″ Next Generation memory foam on 6.5″ of Support foam.*
Our Renew is approx. 11″ thick. 3″ memory on 8″ of Support foam.*
Our 3lb memory foam cannot be compared to the older technology foams which require more material to be durable. Density is merely the weight of the foam and has absolutely nothing to do with the pressure-relieving characteristics or capabilities of the foam. The older technology foams simply must have more material and hence more weight to be as durable as our newer technology, lighter weight foam created by BASF. Older technology foams require the influence of heat to become softer and more pliable. (That is actually a technological limitation which has been ingeniously marketed into acceptance by other companies) Because they have more material making up the foam, there are fewer spaces between the molecules for air to flow and it takes much longer for the foam to recover once it has been compressed in the “heated-up” state. The result is that a sleeper has to wait quite a long time for the foam to recover from their body impression when they change position. Higher density foam always indicates older memory foam technology. Older memory foam technology is characterized by 5 main limitations:
- It requires more material to create the memory foam to help it last longer and remain durable-especially under the stress of heavier people.
- More material in the memory foam causes it to become denser. Density is only the weight of the foam. Higher density foam results in a very heavy mattress which is difficult to move-especially for elderly people.
- Older technology memory foam has a narrow temperature operating range. The foam becomes more “putty-like” and rigid when the temperature drops below 65 degrees. It then takes “heat” to soften it up. If you are in a cool or air conditioned room with an older technology mattress, when you shift positions, you will be shifting your body onto a harder surface of the mattress then you have been sleeping on and it will take time for your body to heat it up and soften it up. This will wake you up. Also, you then have to wait for the place you moved from to rebound (which takes a long time because the older technology memory foam becomes “gooey” and is slow to rebound once it’s heated up). The temperature operating range of older technology foam is approximately 70-90 degrees. Below 70, it starts to get hard. Above 90, it gets gooey and slow to rebound. Our BASF memory foam has an operating range of 40-100 degrees.
- Older technology memory foam is more expensive to produce since it requires more material.
- Older technology memory foam is more prone to cell damage from repeated compressions and creates dips in the mattress where you lay. This is especially prevalent with cheaper process memory foams coming from other countries and from companies which use cheaper support foam for support under the memory foam. Our mattress comes with a 10-Year full replacement warranty to protect you against any compression problems which may result in dips in the foam which exceed 1.25 inches during that 10-Year period. Our manufacturer, North Carolina Foam Industries, has been making foam for over 42 years which means our warranty is credible and valuable to you.
Now that we have revealed some important information about the differences between our high technology, modern memory foam and older technology memory foam, it is important that you know the “rest of the story”. No memory foam is going to do a good job for a sleeper unless there is high quality support foam underneath the memory foam. We have discovered through much testing and experience that the best support foam to use under memory foam is High Resiliency (HR) foam that weighs at least 2.4 lbs per cubic foot. The ILD of the support foam should be at least 27 lbs. The ILD on our support foam is 32 lbs and is considered well supportive and perfect for the majority of sleepers. We use 2.4 lb HR foam in our support foam. Companies which cut corners use High Density (HD) foam. HD foam is simply not as good as, or as durable as HR foam.
Mattresses arrive at your doorstep via FedEx (FREE shipping). They are shipped in a box about 5 ft tall and 3 ft wide
Take it to your bedroom before opening! Once the bag is opened, your mattress will grow to full size within minutes.
We recommend no longer than 30 days so not to compromise the foams’ integrity.
Mattresses usually arrive within 5-7 business days via FedEx.
Shipping estimates are approximate. FedEx & UPS usually deliver within the designated time periods above. Most orders that have multiple packages, (eg. mattress & foundation) will arrive on the same day. Rarely, the 2nd package may arrive a day later depending on the available space in the delivery truck. Once the items leave our facility they are the carrier’s responsibility.
No. Our mattress is certified clean by two independent labs. Because we make our mattresses to order, you may smell a slight odor of latex glue used to apply the memory foam onto the core.
Yes. All of our mattresses use gel technology.
Heat build up is the number one complaint regarding memory foam. We tackled this first during our design!
Each mattress comes with a Vitality (10″*) or Renew (11″*) cover designed to wick away heat and moisture from your
You may initially experience a small amount of heat build up because you will be laying in the same position longer than what you have been accustomed to. Just like sitting at your dining room table, when you get out of your chair and someone takes your place they remark that you’ve warmed the chair up. Memory foam is designed to keep you in the same position for periods of 90+ minutes to help your body recover faster from the rigors of everyday life.
No need to flip!